Sunday, May 4, 2014

Weekend Post - Sunday Evening

What a weekend we have had. In the past 72 hours we had the Kentucky Oaks, the Kentucky Derby, Free Comic Book Day, May the 4th Be With You and David Beckham's birthday! But we survived it all, none worse for the wear, good times had by all. (I totally forgot to get David a present, but I'm pretty sure he forgot me last year, so whatever Becks.)  It kind of makes one dread the upcoming week, of course, but I'm sure we will survive that as well.

Couple of notes; I had my first travel article published this weekend and you can check it out if you would like...http://www.newsforshoppers.com/lisbon-a-not-so-secret-european-destination/36721130/.  I have dreamed of being a travel writer for years (and having someone actually paying me to go on vacation.) This is the first step in getting there.

Also, even though I'm returning to the grind, I am committed to continued freelance writing and will keep blogging in the morning and evening, so let me apologize in advance.

This week I'm going to be doing "Lists." I think they are fun, easy to read and can spark conversation. Here are a couple of titles you can look forward to (or dread) seeing...
  • 10 Tips To Buying A Car
  •  8 Best Hamburgers From Chain Restaurants
  • 10 Television Shows That Defined The 80's
  • 7 Awesome Kentucky Bed And Breakfasts
  • 9 Things I Swore I Would Never Say As An Adult... And Did
Thanks for all the great feedback everyone, you have inspired me to persevere.


No comments:

Post a Comment